5.11.2014

Thoughts on this Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day! I cannot express enough how full my heart is with gratitude for the blessing and opportunity to be a mother and for the trust that my Heavenly Father has in me to trust me with his precious children. I know you know the feeling.... the feeling that your heart just wants to burst! I am a mother of two sweet girls that completely have my heart. With that said, motherhood is hard! Just when I think I have it all figured out I am thrown through a loop. I have never had my patience tested more and I have never been smothered with so much love and boogers on a daily basis. There is nothing I want more than to be a wife and a mother. I am grateful for my best friend and husband who is in this parent thing whole heartedly with me. He is so involved and hands on and helps, encourages and supports me to be the best mom that I can be.

I am expecting baby #3 and we could not be more excited. This baby has been prayed for and I know is meant for us. I am about 14 weeks and am just getting out of the first trimester funk and exhaustion, which is the reason for my little hiatus from this blog. I also have taken a little break because to be completely honest I have not felt like the "professional mom" that I so badly want to be (you know the mom playing in the major leagues... the whole purpose of this blog!). I have been surviving every day with lots of naps, way too much Daniel Tiger and Frozen and way more Coke Zero than I care to admit!  I have been way too impatient with my 3 year old and have not planned many outings or activities that her little active, needs lots of attention personality thrives on and needs. Consequently she has been acting up and I have been very reactive instead of the proactive mom that I usually try to be.

I guess my purpose in the above venting is to not only explain my lack of posting, but also share with you just how wonderful we are as mothers. Sometimes we go through a little funk... there are millions of reasons and causes, but at the end of the day I hope we can remember just how important our calling as mothers is and how much we love our children and how loved we are by them.

No comments: