9.25.2013

What's Cookin' Wednesday: Crockpot Pesto Chicken

I am hesitating to post this recipe this week because I just devoured the rest of this without thinking and did not take a picture! Let that just confirm that it is that good! It has quickly became a family favorite. (I will take and add pictures to this post next time I make this, which will be soon!)

Pesto Chicken
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 packet of Ranch dressing mix
1 cup prepared *pesto
1/2 cup chicken broth

Mix ingredients together and pour over chicken in crockpot. Cook on low 5-6 hrs. or high 3-4 hours. Serve over pasta or rice, top with fresh diced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella or parmesan cheese or fresh basil.  I found a new parmesan cheese that I love. I don't think I will ever be able to go back to the regular Kraft cheese. I found this new paremesan at Walmart by Mama Francesca. They have several "flavors". I have only tried the Parmesan, Basil & Oregano, but it is amazing. My sister -in- law took a taste of the presto chicken and thought it would also taste delish in tacos as well.

* I cannot for the life of me find the recipe I used to make cilantro pesto, but it is divine. So from the best of my memory...

Cilantro Pesto
1 bunch of cilantro
juice from 1 lime
1 tsp minced garlic
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
olive oil

Blend all ingredients together, slowly adding olive oil until you get the desired constancy.

The best thing about this is that it makes a great freezer meal as well. Mix ingredients together and pour over chicken in a gallon sized freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze. Crockpot low for 6 hrs or high for 3-4 hours.

No comments: