12.16.2014

You Need a Budget


You need a budget! My husband and I have been married almost 5 years now and in our married life our circumstances have changed from him finishing school and working part time and me working full time to having a baby and he working full time and figuring out having me stay home. I have been blessed to be able to stay home shortly after our first year of marriage when our almost 4 year old Sage joined our family. Our financial circumstances have changed again and again. It was especially difficult to create a budget when he was being paid commission. We always have been able to pay our bills and have never had much if any credit card debt, but we have never really budgeted. Occasionally we would make it a goal to sit down and go over our finances in hopes to save some money and it almost always ended with me crying.

 I did not like talking finances... until a friend of mine introduced me to YNAB- You Need A Budget. We have tried to follow Dave Ramsey and have read his Total Money Makeover and we had tried Mint and creating our own spreadsheet, but decided to give YNAB a try. There was and is a free month trial. After the first month we knew it was the perfect program for us. We were discussing our budget and finances daily and without any tears on my end or frustration on my husbands end. We were on the same page and knew every cent of our money coming in and where every cent of our money was going. 6 months later, we have saved more than we have saved in 4 years of marriage and are making progress to our goals. We take a few minutes every night to discuss and make sure we are on the same page. It is so easy and life changing that I wanted to share this program with all of you, especially right now at the end of the year, during this sometimes financially stressful season. It doesn't have to be! A new year is around the corner! Check out this program! I promise if you give it a chance you will love it as much as us!  The program costs $60 for a lifetime membership and is worth every penny. Check it out here

No comments: