1.29.2014

8 DIY ideas for moms to simplify their lives and make it more fun!

Can you believe we are at the end of January?! January is usually a very long month for me. January almost always brings the winter blues. One of my new year goals is to simplify. Simplify in just about every aspect and find things and ways to make my life a little easier. Coupons.com Blog has posted 8 New DIY ideas that are blogger tested and kid approved!




I especially love the shopping passport. I have an almost 3 year old and an almost 1 year old and I try to avoid taking them both to the store at all costs, but sometimes I have to. This idea of a shopping passport almost makes me want to take my girls shopping. I'm excited to try this out. I think it would also be fun to take pictures of staple items you buy to make a list that you can then laminate and have them check off with a white erase marker. Let me know if you try it! 


I also have a few tips for grocery shopping with kids of my own. 
1. Make a list
2. Eat before you go and still bring the kids a snack.
3. Talk about it. Talk to your kids about what you are buying, what you are going to make, talk about the colors and have them help you count the number of apples as you put them in the bag, etc. 
4. Hope for the best, but plan for the worse! 


No comments: