10.26.2013

DIY Saturday: How to throw a Farm Theme Birthday Party

For our daughters second birthday we threw her a farm theme because she loves farm animals. We spent a month living in Paradise, Utah and she loved seeing the cows and horses every day. When we moved back to Salt Lake we would visit Wheeler Farm several times a week so we felt this theme was appropriate. I get most of my ideas from Pinterest and run with it. Here is a collaboration of ideas I found mixed with my own ideas. 

Invitations: My friend made these super cute invites for me after an invite I saw on etsy. Check Etsy for "Farm theme invites"
Cake/cupcakes: Inspired from Betty Crocker! Super easy. Time consuming, but your guests will be impressed. Looks more difficult then it is. 
Party Favor boxes, plates, napkins: Oriental Trading. Just search for "farm" and there are a ton of fun decor and party favor items.
Part favor ideas: pink cotton candy with a pink snout and wiggly eyes for a pig, cut out/ find a tractor shape and use cooked for tractor wheels, peeps, farm scene stickers from Oriental Trading and Farm animal lollipops also from Oriental Trading
banners, signs: handmade. get creative!
Food ideas: pigs in a blanket (hotdogs), bails of hay (pretzels), chicken feed (chips) and farm fresh veggies, drink: lemonade and water bottles (cover paper wrapper with scrapbook paper)

Let me know if you have any questions or share with me any ideas you may have that may add to this fun theme! TheJoyOfAProfessionalMom@gmail.com
















No comments: