10.05.2013

DIY Saturday: Halloween Banner



I saw this on an Etsy shop and knew I could make it myself for a fraction of the what they were selling it for. You could make one too! It was super easy and I love how it turned out! The possibilities are endless. Although the one I made was Halloween the colors could be changed and it would be fun for any holiday or event!

material:
burlap
scissors
hot glue gun
paint brush
round foam brush
acrylic paint
twine/cord


directions:
1. Make a stencil to but out burlap into desired shape. If you have access to a silhouette or cricut machine it may be helpful, but not necessary.
2. trace & cut out burlap
3. paint. it may look kind of splotchy when you bring painting it, but it dries just dine. don't worry!
4. let dry a few minutes, not necessary to be completely dry, and paint your dots! At first I was a little disappointed in the way I did my dots because they are not uniform like the one on Etsy, but to be honest I think it's imperfections make it perfect!
5. hot glue the twine/cord to the top of the back of your banner.
6. hang it up and enjoy the festiveness!


If your little one loves crafts and is as curious as mine she will not want go to sleep! Finally decided to let her join in on the fun for a few minutes... 

No comments: