11.02.2013

DIY Saturday: An Owl Themed Birthday

Guess Whoooo is turning one! For my daughters first birthday we had an owl theme birthday party. I love planning parties. I am not the best, but I have fun nonetheless. I made all the banners, invites and owl cut outs with the Silhouette Cameo, but there are so many Etsy Shops that sell cut out owls and banners if you are not crafty. I have pictured them simply to give some ideas. Pick a color scheme and get creative! Balloons are a fun and easy decor and pictures of your birthday boy/girl are also fun to display. I also found a fun wrapping paper that matched my color scheme and made a table runner from it. So easy and adds some color to a plain tablecloth. It's all in the details. Fun straws were purchased at a party store or I know several Etsy shops carry them as well. Served drinks in mason jars and tied tulle around them. Pre-wrap plastic utensils in napkins and tie with tulle. Put in a cute basket! Make a little banner for the birthday girl/boy's highchair. Display pictures of your little one. We had taken monthly pictures so those were displayed.

Birthday girl shirt: ironed on an owl appliqué to a white shirt. 
Cake & cupcakes: owl cake and cupcakes
Birthday wreath: http://nestyourbest.blogspot.com/2012/03/a-birthday-wreath.html
Favors: grandma crocheted owls for all the cousins & "owl food" which consisted on pretzels, marshmallows and chex mix.

I hope some of these ideas are helpful!

Owl Theme Birthday Invites




Owl Theme Birthday hats




Owl Theme Birthday Favor

Owl Theme Birthday cake





1 comment:

Ivan D said...

This wwas great to read